What size of property can I apply for?
We will allocate a home which meets the size of property that the household needs. This means that we will allow one bedroom for:
The applicant and their spouse or partner
Each person in their household aged 16 or older (adult children, grandparents and others, but not including lodgers)
Every pair of children in the household of the same sex aged younger than 16
Every pair of children in the household aged less than 10 years
Any other child aged under 16 in the household left over
A resident or non resident carer, if you need care overnight and this can be confirmed by a social care assessment
In some of our Priority Letting Areas where demand for housing is lower we may be able to consider you for a property 1 bedroom in excess of your assessed housing need if you are in employment. Look out for our weekly adverts for any available properties where under occupation will be considered if an applicant is in employment (subject to an affordability check).
Some of the areas where we are currently able to consider under occupation include:
||Stoke on Trent
If we are able to under occupy a 2 bedroom property we will prioritise applicants in the following order:
- Family who will fully occupy the property (mixed gender siblings can share up to 10 years old & same gender siblings to 16 years)
- Family who would under occupy by 1 bedroom, will need to be in employment & pass an affordability check
If we are able to under occupy a 3 bedroom property we will prioritise applicants in the following order:
- Family who will fully occupy the property (mixed gender siblings can share up to 10 years old & same gender siblings up to 16 years)
- Family who will under occupy the property by 1 bedroom & have 2 children of any age, will need to be in employment & pass an affordability check
- Family who will under occupy the property by 1 bedroom & have 1 child, will need to be in employment & pass an affordability check
What can I bid on?
If your application is accepted onto the Housing Register, you will be advised in writing of your banding, the type of property, area and how many bedrooms you are eligible for. This will depend on the number of people and relationships within your household, including the age and gender of any children.
What if a home has an age restriction?
Some properties will be advertised with a minimum age requirement for example some properties only allow people above the age of 50. This will be clearly stated on the advert.
What if a home is adapted?
If a property has adaptations, this will be clearly stated on the advert. You will be able to bid on these properties, but priority will be given to those people whose needs we have assessed as matching the adaption already in the property.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com